Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vocalpoint?


Dobar Dan!
    Hope everyone is doing great! It sure sounds like it! Thanks for all of your letters! Letters are like gold here in the MTC! Tell the boys I loved all of thier pictures that they drew! I´ve got moms and dads letter too! sorry you lost your wallet! ugh! thanks for signing up for dear elder. Ok, now im going to try and answer as many questions as  I can remember!
 
Everything here has been awesome! Me and my companions plus, the other sisters in my district, have all become such good friends! We have so much fun together, and i´´m so grateful that we were put together. It seems like we are all going to become life long friends! The elders are pretty cool too! One of them is from alabama, and speaks croatian in a southern accent, haha. I´m going to try and send a picture of the sisters in my district, of when we disovered the vending machines! haha late night (930) shenanigans! we have so many inside jokes! haha Everything in the MTC is just uuber funny!
 
We go to the temple every Monday morning, and it is so cool to be able to just walk to a temple. no big deal. It IS a big deal! I love going to the temple with my sisters! today it was raining as we were walking back from the temple, it was so fun to be in the warm rain!
 
The language has been pretty good. mmhmm! Thankfully we have kind of been focusing mainly on just croatian, and none of that cyrillic alphabet stuff yet! When it was our 3rd day here, we started teaching our first istrazivak (investigator) Marko! and we commited him to baptism last week! wahoooo! haha we were so happy we actually said the words right. I was trying all day to memorize the baptismal commitment. thankfully I was actually able to say the words in our actuall lesson!  We have learned so much the importance of relying on the Lord! This week we have just started to try and go in to our lessons with as little written down as possible, because thats when we feel the spirit and connect with Marko better. It´´s been a bit difficult, but rewarding! We have a new investigator that we´re teaching tonight named Ivica! His story is so cool! He just got out of prison!  wooohoo! right after he got out he made a promise to God to repent of his sins, and now we can help to show him how!
 
 
General confrence in the MTC was so cool! It is a day of listening and fooood. all we do is sit, then go eat, sit, then go eat, ect. ect.! hahawe just realized that we havent had a regualr Sunday yet! So we are just going to go to our new sisters meeting next week! haha It was amazing to watch general conference here, in almost every talk the missionar ypurpose was quoted from! So many of the talks applied to missionary work! More than ever i have been feeling closer to my savior and really realizing all the things that He has done for me, and is STILL doing for me. I feel like I´´ve learned so much, even though I havent been here for very long! I´m excited for what is coming over the next 18 months. Guess who came and did our Sunday devotional!? Vocalpoint! haha it was so cool, my favorite song they did was a mash up of an african lullaby and come, come ye saints! People were lined up outside of 19M just to get a seat, because we dont all fit in that room! There are three BIG rooms for overflow seating. Thankfully we got a seat inside the asembly room! afterwards we saw the movie legacy! its a pioneer story, with a sorta awkward romance story intertwined! We all loved it! haha it was pretty much as close to jane austin as we are going to get out here!
I hope you all have great a great week!
 
I love you, I love you,  I love you,
                          sestra rankin
 
 
 
Mom could you please send some of those international stamps that I left you? that would be awesome. And if you could send the moccasins as soon as possible, because I only have my church shoes to wear with my jeans on pdays!! oh yeah, and just in case you wanted to know my departure date is the 27th of May! cant wait! have you seen the host mom? how was it???
 

No comments:

Post a Comment