Monday, April 1, 2013

First Official Email Home!

Here is content from Madeline's first email home, first pday.


Hey Mom!
It is so fun to hear from you! I can't believe it's my first pday at the MTC! How weird, and awesome. I love being here! Although I miss you all, they are keeping me and my companions busy! Thats right,companionssssss I have two! Sestra Clark is from Syuracuse, UT and she is super organized! Me and Sestra Palmers are trying to learn her ways! haha Sestra Palmer is from Alpine, UT and goes to BYU- Hawaii! How cool is that!? I really love both of them, and they are both funny and down to earth. We get along really well. There are five sisters total in our room, thank goodness we dont have six, because we only have four closets! haha But yeah, we all get along really well!! We all love gym time and Sestra P is a runner! yesss! I'm so glad to have someone to run with:)  I feel like this email is a buch of random sentances that I have strung together. .  haha oh well I'll just keep going. I love wearing my name tag! It says Sestra Rankin, Crkva Isusa Krista, Svetaca, Posljednnjih Dana. I'm sure you all know what that means, and it is actally a lot easier to pronounce than it looks! 
Hrvatski is hard! We are actuallly also learning Serbian and Bosnian too! So yay Russian Alphabet. Haha, but we have been learning A LOT. It's a really pretty language to listen to, so we all look forward to when we can actually speak it! There are nine of us learning Croatian in the MTC! And seven of those are Sestre! Which is more than there have ever been at one time! Our Starejesina (Elders) are great! One is from UT, the other from Alabama, and they are both 18!
Everyone was telling us to just at least make it till Sunday, and they were seriously right! Easter Sunday in the MTC was sooo cool. We all really needed it after this week. It was also our fast sunday!  For our meetings we had a general authority come and speak to us! The presiding Bishop Gerald Causse and his wife! They gave excellent talks, and they said things we really needed to hear. The sacrament for that meeting was really interesting. They passed the Sacrament to everyone, including over 3,000 missionaries. I don't think I'll ever forget it! Aftert that we had some meetings and then our evening devotional speaker was given by Sheri Dew! She is such an amazing speaker, and her talk was sooo good! I wish you all could listen to it! After that we watched a movie, that showed an old devotional given  by David A. Bednar called the Character od Christ. Watching that was such a good way to end my first week in the MTC. I'm not sure if you all can listen to it, but if you can google that talk, I would totally recomend it! I think it was a 2008 Christmas devotional. . maybe!
Thanks so much for your prayers I can feel them and I need them! My sinus infection is doing a lot better! Thank you antibiotics! annnnd I can't figure out how to do pictures, but hopefully I can get some to you next week!
I love the MTC, I love the work, I love my Sestre, and I love you all so much!
Volim,
Sestra Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment